(Sautee-Nachoochee)- Everyone is invited to celebrate Memorial Day by visiting the Sautee Nacoochee Cultural Center on Saturday, May 23 and Sunday, May 24. The center has the following events and activity scheduled:
- Free admission to the Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia. These are the final days to view the Dave Drake Edgefield Pottery Exhibit, which closes May 30.
- The Heritage Site cabin will be open and a demonstrating blacksmith will be at the smithy.
- In the Cultural Center, the Celebrate the Arts! Exhibit is on display featuring the works of SNC Art Studio students and their teachers, as well as the art of students from White County schools.
- The Gallery Shops will also be open for browsing and shopping.
- The Native Peace Garden will be staffed on Saturday between 10 AM and 2 PM with opportunities to learn about plants native to north Georgia.
- The grounds of the SNC include picnic tables, a walking trail, gardens, playing fields and a playground.
- A Discovery Bag in the Folk Pottery Museum will include: A ten-question Scavenger Hunt covering the SNC buildings and grounds; a Word Search game for the Folk Pottery Museum; Copies of Dave the Potter: Artist, Poet, Slave by Laban Carrick Hill (while supplies last).
All are reminded to follow social distancing and virus prevention practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
The center is open Saturday, May 23, 10 AM – 5 PM, Sunday, May 24, 1 – 5 PM. The center will be closed Monday May 25th.