(Cleveland)- A dismal turnout during early voting for Helen’s municipal election has election officials looking for a better turnout for Tuesday election day.

Early voting began on October 16 and ended last Friday.

White County Elections office was contracted to conduct this year’s Helen election process. The early voting was held at the White County Elections Office on the Helen Highway north of Cleveland.

Derek LaPerriere, White County Chief Voter Registrar said Friday at the end of the early voting period that the total voter turnout during that time was only 45, that’s just 9 percent of Helen’s registered voters. LaPerriere said, “ We hope to see the other 91% Tuesday.”

Voting tomorrow will be held at Helen City Hall with the polls open from 7 AM until 7 PM.  Four candidates are listed on the ballot, Marvin Barbree, Josh Garrison, Lee Landress, and Randy Summers. Voters are being asked to vote for two of those candidates to serve on the city council.

Only one candidate qualified for each of the open positions in this year’s Cleveland Municipal election therefore the election was canceled and those candidates were deemed elected.