(Cleveland)- White County firefighters were called out Wednesday night to a what was first reported as a structure fire in the Sky Lake community.
White County Public Safety Director David Murphy advised in an email that 9-1-1 dispatched received the call around 10 PM. White County fire units along with those from the city of Helen responded.
Murphy said while in route, dispatchers advised fire units that it was a chimney fire and that the home owner had extinguished the fire. Station 3 (Sautee station) continued to the residence and confirmed that the fire was out. Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to check further for any extensions and found none.
Chief John Lumsden advised the home owners to have the chimney properly serviced and cleaned prior to any future use. No injuries were reported.