In a news release from the school officials said this is a new record for the school that follows a year when we were recognized nationally as one of the of the top-producing universities of Fulbright students and scholars. The list of semifinalists includes Bernard Purk of Cleveland. Purk is a 2018 graduate of the school with a degree in international affairs with a European concentration, he plans to study in Germany.
Other semifinalists :
* Emily Symmes of Cumming, Ga.
* Bernice Bonifacio, Monica Pizano, and Melissa Silva, all from Gainesville, Ga.
* Lindsey Collier of Dawsonville, Ga.
* Kelly Reid of Lawrenceville, Ga.
* Petrus Schoeman of Dahlonega
These students have some impressive stories to tell about their paths to Fulbright and their plans if they are named finalists.
Last year, UNG and Emory University were the only two universities in Georgia, public or private, to be designated as top producers of U.S. Fulbright students.